20100605

I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it

my outfit: shirt and sunglasses H&M, shorts and bag Topshop, socks and shoes Primark
my sister: playsuit Topshop, bag Longchamp, sunglasses Ray-Ban

My sister and I went to the British Museum on Friday which was totally amazing. The best part of the museum for me are the Ancient Egypt galleries. Ancient Egypt has always been my favourite history topic to learn about and the British Museum holds some of the most beautiful items from Ancient Egypt such as the Rosetta Stone. Also, they have several galleries dedicated to mummies which are my favourite galleries in the whole museum.
When I was wearing this outfit, I was really scared of getting tan lines from the socks but luckily, I don't have any dodgy tan lines on my legs THANK GOD!
Oh and if you don't live in London, you're probably wondering why the hell is there a giant elephant? WELL, there is currently an elephant parade in London where there are 258 decorated elephants scattered all over the city. I love this idea, the whole point of the elephants is to raise money to save the endangered Asian elephant as the decorated elephants are currently up for auction and all the proceeds will go to charity. The elephant that you can see in my picture is called Cloudia and you can sign a petition to help save the elephants here.

The last picture is of my sister, check her tattoo, pretty awesome no?

31 comments:

  1. when i studied abroad in london i lived only 2 blocks down from the British Museum in the bloomsbury area- i cant tell you how much i loved the ancient egypt exhbit (im a huge egyptology/archaeology buff). the rosetta stone was one of the coolest things id ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love the idea of those elephants! so, cool!!! I've seen other bloggers next to these elephants but didn't know what it meant. lol

    I'm defenitely following your blog!
    please come check out mine, and if you see something you like , please follow. i would love to have you as one of my followers:)
    XOXO, Olya
    http://theate-olya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aimee aimee aimee! gorgeous shorts :)
    and i saw a tiger print elephant in chinatown yesterday, i wanted a picture with it, but lots of chinese tourists werwe hogging it (as you could imagine!)
    aaand i love museums! the ancient egypt part is my faveourite part also! i love oogling at the mummies, theyre disgusting but fascinating at the same time! haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool look and i love the elephant, the idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I LOVE YOUR STYLE AND YOUR BLOG....VERY NICE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your shirt!

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They had an elephant parade in Norwich a while back, and we did an art class on it. I love elephants - they're my favourite animal.

    I love your look - keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your sister got really cool tattoo:)love the dott shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nggaww. the elephant is so cute. :)

    Im in love with your polka dot shorts!

    xx miss anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about a big elephant in the room :)
    I find it quite fun though the idea of some sort of a scavenger hunt...
    cute outfit!

    eclectic du jour

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the British Museum, its always fun to go into! Great shirt and bag!

    Carmen.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pics! I love your shorts- i almost bought these for myself yesterday- so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look great, love your shirt! and your sister looks nice too xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Egyptian part of the British Museum, it's my favourite. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, the elephant is adorable!!
    I love the outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. those shorts are adorable and i'm loving it with the casual shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your sister's dress...and yes, her tattoo is amazing...such a beauty!

    ps. i wish i can take a photo of all those adorable elephants..

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. love ur back and the tatoo ! <3
    xx
    yudia aiiu

    http://blackecstasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your shorts, so cute!
    And your sisters playsuit is pretty amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. aah you look amazing again girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice outfit!!
    i have nominate you for the Sweetest Follower- Award ;) > check my post
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those elephants are my best friend lol sounds like a great day

    Merci beaucoup for stopping by darling, i'll add you to my links page right after this comment =]



    Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. love ur outfit (^^)...& i really loveee the elephant so cute...awesome tatoo ur sis had

    xoxo,
    http://natalieshiashia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are cute shorts!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your look, hot day huh! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Omg I hope those elephants will still be there when I visit london soon! I love the socks with this outfit and great pics

    ReplyDelete
  27. Decorated elephants? Oh sounds interesting! :P

    Love the polka dot shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the shorts. That elephant is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  29. so so cute! i love the shorts :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE your shorts.
    Gorgeous outfit too (:

    Sahara xo.
    overtly-grand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

merci beaucoup! ♥
xoxo