20120829

Amsterdam Day 2

IMG_5687
IMG_5690
IMG_5694
IMG_5696
IMG_5706
IMG_5708
IMG_5721
IMG_5731
IMG_5718
Topshop playsuit, vintage army shirt, Longchamp bag

Here are some photos from our second day in Amsterdam. We started off the day by walking to the museum quarter to visit the Van Gogh Museum. We did expect a queue as we hadn't bought tickets before but we actually ending up queueing for over an hour and by the time we got to the front, I really hoped that the long queue was going to be worth it. It was free for me to get in as I'm 17 (woo) and it was so worth the wait. The way the museum is set out is really simple and straightfoward, which made it easy to go in a logical order from room to room and up the floors. I rarely get excited by visiting art galleries (I'm more of a historical artefacts kinda gal) but I thoroughly enjoyed my time in this museum, also because there was a part of the gallery where they had vintage French posters and prints which is something that I really enjoyed seeing. 

Afterwards, my sister and I had a little picnic lunch on the grass outside the museum which was lovely. The weather was slightly too windy for my liking but there was a beautiful view of the opera house (4th photo). We then went for a walk back through the shopping streets to kill some time and to take advantage of the awesome Zara there, before dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe! We ate right by the water which was so nice as there were a few boats that went past us as we ate, the weather was a lot nicer than earlier and my pulled pork sandwich was beyond delicious. After dinner, we went on a hunt for dessert in the form of a waffle or some dutch pancakes but a lot of the dessert places that we wanted to go into were closed so we went to Hagen Daaz instead for ice cream and waffles which turned out perfectly anyway because our hotel was literally a 2-3 minute walk from there! I also bought the September issue of Dutch Elle mainly for the pretty Chanel case it came in..why don't more UK magazines come like this?!?

We had a much more eventful day on our second day and the Van Gogh Museum was definitely one of my favourite parts of the trip. I will post some photos from our last day in Amsterdam in my next post! 

xxx

22 comments:

  1. lovely photos :D I´ve never been in amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos!!! Makes me want to visit Amsterdam one day! (:

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing trip! amsterdam looks lovely, hope you had a blast xx

    a thousand million words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit. Amsterdam looks amazing

    Xenia
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing photos ! I love your outfit ! the shirt is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so pretty! the khaki shirt looks so chic with the printed dress! I really want to go to Amsterdam now!

    Monyka
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the playsuit!

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    ps, win a pair of Rayban sunglasses on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous, I love the first photo with the bikes
    http://ohmyolivia.blogspot.co.uk/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a lot of fun! I'd love to visit amsterdam some time! The Van Gogh museum sounds awesome too! mmm ice cream and waffles- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like you had a great time there!

    Jessie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, you look so beautiful in the first picture and love your new hair! The muesuem sounds so cute and peaceful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love Amsterdam! I love it there! Is so pretty and you can shop till you drop hahah great pics xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amsterdam looks and sounds amazing! Would love to visit there one day. I really like all of your photos of the beautiful city - you've captured it really well. Also, I love your outfit - it looks effortlessly cool :-)

    Glad to hear you had a great time!

    Chloe X

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing! I'm loving all these photos of your trip :-) You look gorgeous too, I love that vintage shirt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bloody cool outfit. I love the way you have paired a vintage army shirt with that cute little dress. Following you. Looking forward to your future posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That ELLE is one of the coolest versions I've ever seen!
    Wich besides matches your jacket. Coolness al over the place, I tell ya

    ReplyDelete
  18. this sounds like a delightful trip, these photos are so lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos, Amsterdam is one of my favourite places! That magazine cover is amazing, never seen anything like that before!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your blog! Your photography is gorgeous! New follower alert :-D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. you looked amazing, love the shirt!
    xx

    gockyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

merci beaucoup! ♥
xoxo